The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself Say Hi

Old 11-13-2016, 10:48 AM

Default utah

hi all,
from utah. not new to dodge trucks just new to diesel motors.
always looking for info on all kinds of forums to get the best advice and procedures in how to make my 2004 (new to me) 3500 4x4 slt 240k, last as long as possible.
no its not a show truck but she is pretty to me. she will be a Clydesdale type of truck. puller and worker.
so far i can tell other than exhaust, air intake (all installed prior to my purchase) everything is stock. i do not know if anything else has been installed like arp studs or not. looks like stock turbo. at some point the trans has been rebuilt. it is solid, from wyoming. so not a rust bucket yet.
so bare with my nub yambering and uneducated questions.
i want this truck to last me forever. i really like it. comfy, no blow by, no smoke. tight motor, tight everything. suspension is spot on. other than normal wear and tear i got a heck of a deal under 10k. well i think mechanically anyway.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Welcome, Sir!! It sounds like you have a decent deal for a truck. There really isn't a lot you need to do to keep the engine running for a long time (mine is at 303k miles). The transmission should be the 48RE. They just came out when yours was built. If you have the tow/haul mode then it is a 48RE. The transmission will be your weak point in the drive line. The rest of it is just normal routine maintenance.
If you are wondering about studs in the head, you should be able to see some head bolts. If all you see is the head of a bolt they are stock, and if you see a nut then the studs are there.
One thing you didn't mention if you had any was gauges. You would be money ahead to have a pyrometer, boost, and transmission temp gauges on the truck.
Tom
Old 11-13-2016, 04:17 PM

that sir is because i have ordered them and they are on their way. ill post a pick of before and after the install.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Good deal! I am looking forward to the pictures and write up!!
Old 11-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Out There, Savin' Lives

Welcome, Sir!
O.O., 01.5, Dodge, 2500, High Output (H.O.) Cummins Turbo Diesel (245/505), Quad Cab Long Bed (QCLB), 4x4, Sport, Original Bosch VP 44 Injection Pump, 6 Speed/NV5600 Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 105k, currently stock engine, Fram Air Filter, 285/75R16s, Glow Shift Gauges: Fuel Pressure (FP), Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Oil Temperature, SMARTY@1, Airtex lift pump 19 psi @ idle, 14 psi @ WOT, Propane Injection, 2 Stroke Oil, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Fooler = Better MPG, Bed Lined, Chrome Nerf Bars, more to come!!

Toys:
'79 CJ5, 258ci, 3" lift, 33x12.50x15, Stock Engine and 3 Speed Tranny
'05 Suzuki, GSX1300R, Hayabusa, All Stock, #3('00 blown engine, '00 stolen, & '05)
The complete live & learn and pass it on by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.